Site Features

Mohawk Council of Kahnawá:keTsi nahò:ten kahiatónnion a'arákonEnsaié:nawaseOnhkharéhson Aionkhihsnoé:nen
Tsi Ietsenhaientáhkhwa
Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke
KTV on Facebook MCK on Twitter Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke
Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke
Sé:sa'k
Tehsna'netįhko

Technical Survey to gauge opinion on proposed casino

01/19/2012

The Kahnawą:ke Casino Project Team has contracted Ipsos-Reid to conduct a Technical Survey of Kahnawa′kehró:non to gauge general support of a casino in Kahnawą:ke. People will be randomly called and asked to participate.

Eighty eight (88%) percent of all Kahnawą:ke homes have registered telephone numbers - the other twelve percent (12%) represent either unlisted or cell phone numbers. 88% of homes with registered telephone numbers is industry standard across Canada for an accurate technical survey. However, if you have an unlisted telephone number or are solely a cell phone subscriber and would like to have the chance to be selected to participate in the Technical Survey, simply register with the Project Team by emailing mohawk.council@mck.ca before Friday, January 27th at 4pm.

Registrants will be asked to provide a name, telephone number, post office box number and email address to verify that they do not already possess a registered telephone number in order to avoid the chance of completing the survey twice. It should also be noted that because numbers will be randomly selected, registering does not guarantee you will be called by Ipsos-Reid.

Please be advised that the survey results WILL NOT be the deciding factor on whether or not a casino is built. It will simply be used by Chief & Council as a tool to decide the next steps for the project.

All results from the Technical Survey will be made available to Kahnawa′kehró:non once completed. For further information please contact Joe Delaronde at 450-632-7500.

Download PDF Download MP3


Border